Thursday 22 January 2009

Hi everybody...

Hard to hear about your nice new year party :) Mine was not that great actually...

Anyway, I'm fine !
To answer to you question about my friend's house I'm designing... It's going well... I'm quite happy about the design we finally found! The challenge was hard to make something good-looking caus when you read the rules about urbanism in the district, the house should almost be like a house of property developer ... But we tried to make something simple and timeless... We'll let off steam with our creativity more in the inside...
So we kept the two sides of roof we had to keep for the rules and I hope we'll make all that we want in the inside :) in accordance with my friend's recommendations... The program is enormous, so a big house, with six rooms, three bathroom... You can imagine the luxury it is...

I'll try to send you soon some sketches and pictures of the quick & simple 3D we made with sketchup... We didn't have time to make a 3D with better programs... But no need actually.

What is hard here in belgium is the rules and the obtaining of building licence... Rules are messy here in Belgium... caus the people who're judging your project at the urbanism direction are lawyers, or civil servants, but never architects... So hard to make good things with the opinion of people who know nothing about architecture!

Anyway we'll do our best, my father helps me when he's got time...
I'm a bit exhausted, working at the office 5 days a week, and working on my friend's house evenings and weekends...
But the good things is that when my friend's house will be more advanced, I'm gonna get a lot of money to go to china in one year :)

If some of you are planing to come to west europe, paris or other places, I would host you in Belgium and I would try to meet you somewhere (paris? amsterdam?) caus west europe is cheaper from here, and ... because I hope I'm gonna get soon the money of the contest I won in october. It would be great to meet in Paris one day :) Nice city, I love the Pompidou library :)

Another good news, my parents decided to pay me holidays, the last they'll pay for me I guess!
So we're going together to ski in Italy...with uncle, cousins, aunt and so on... At the end of February! It's gonna be so good not to work during one week :)

Kisses from the rainy country :) Give news :)

ma*

1 comment:

Michał said...

Good that you're pushing it forward! I'm extremely curiuos about the results.


And actually there will be a chance to meet, cause we're moving for workshops to Lille in May, and definitely we're spend some time in Paris plus there's Brussels in our plans as well ;)
But i will keep you informed, especially when i'll get some more news.

Aplus!